Join our team!
We're always interested in hearing from experienced or aspiring instructors looking to join our team! Want to learn more about the application and hiring process? Read on!
Fly Together Fitness is a pole and dance studio located in Somerville, MA. We encourage individual growth and collective empowerment and aspire to make pole dance and creative movement accessible to everyone.
At Fly Together Fitness, we believe that all pole is valid. We strive to make every person who comes through our doors feel seen, respected, and celebrated for who they are and who they are striving to become. Our instructors foster a supportive and
inclusive culture of continuous learning.
We are looking to expand and diversify our staff. If you are a new or experienced pole instructor, share our passion for pole dance, value transformative teaching, and enjoy working with people of all backgrounds, we invite you to apply for one of our open positions.
WHO YOU ARE
● You’re energized by a creative and dynamic work environment.
● You’re eager to promote a positive and inclusive representation of pole dance.
● You’re committed to safe, progressive, and technique-based instruction.
● You respect that everyone has a reason for starting pole and your role as instructor is to be a guide on their individual journeys and stories.
● You’re innovative when taking initiative, flexible in solving problems, and collaborative when working with others.
● You’re committed to working on a team where we believe that we are better, smarter, and stronger as a team than as individuals.
● You’re passionate about diversity and inclusion, and able to interact with, and respect individuals as they wish to be respected.
● Teach at least 2 weeknight and/or 2 weekend in-studio classes each week.
● Incorporate the Fly Together Fitness Milestone Curriculum into prepared lesson plans as appropriate.
● Collaborate with the Curriculum Director and other instructors to expand and further improve the Fly Together Fitness Curriculum.
● Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
● Provide specific and supportive feedback to students in order to help them progress at their own pace.
● Substitute for other instructors and conduct private lessons as needed.
● Comply with any applicable federal, state, and local government regulations and guidelines as well as studio policies and protocols on COVID-19 Health and Safety and restrictions for in-person teaching.
● Keep up-to-date on industry knowledge and best practices.
HOW TO APPLY
● Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Cover letter (1-page maximum): Why do you want to teach pole dance and why do you think your teaching approach is a good match for our studio?